Do you feel embarrassed and uncomfortable because of missing or broken teeth and looking for a replacement? If yes, then the traditional dental bridge is the best suitable option for you. It is a set of prosthetic or artificial teeth used to replace the missing teeth. It is a set of teeth enclosed by dental crowns to keep the bridge in place.
Types of Dental Bridges
There are basically four types of dental bridges. These are:
- Traditional Dental Bridges-These bridges use one or more pontics to replace the missing teeth. These are placed by the dental crowns on both sides. The outer shells of the surrounding teeth have to be removed by the dentist to fill the dental crowns completely to support the dental bridge.
- Cantilever Dental Bridges-In cantilever bridge dental one or more prosthesis is used to replace the missing teeth. These are placed with the help of dental crowns applied on one side. To secure the dental bridge, the dental crowns are placed over the missing teeth and the nearby teeth are being shaved and reduced.
- Maryland Dental Bridges-Maryland bridge dental is a great option for altering the structure of the surrounding teeth. In this procedure, the pontics are being secured by metallic or porcelain abutments.
- Implant-Supported Dental Bridge-Dental implants also called implant-supported bridge are the most effective and the strongest way of replacing the missing teeth for a longer duration of time. These are very strong, sturdy and durable. These are drilled inside the jawbone of the missing teeth which makes it long-lasting.
Procedure for Dental Bridges
The dental bridge procedure requires several sessions depending upon the dental situation and the number of teeth needs to be replaced. The procedure of dental bridge also varies according to the situation and the type of dental bridge used. Some of the common steps involved in the dental bridge procedure are:
- Firstly, the dentist will examine and diagnose your teeth to find out the type of bridge which is suitable for your circumstances. He/she will also take the impression of your teeth to record the exact shape, size and color of the teeth required.
- If you proceed with the traditional or cantilever bridges, then your dentist will first remove the enamel and the outer shell of your teeth.
- The dentist will send the recorded shape, size and color of your teeth to prepare the dental bridge. This will take up to two weeks of time. For these two weeks, he/she will place dental crowns on the shaved teeth.
- After the preparation of the dental bridge, he/she will remove the dental crown and place the permanent dental bridge. He/she will perform some polishing and final touch to give appropriate finishing to the artificial teeth.
Richmond Dental Clinic provides all kinds of dental bridges to our patients. If you’re looking for a dentist in 77042, contact us. Our 77042 dentists are the experienced specialists. You can also book an online appointment through our official website 77042dentist.com.